Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

DIGITAL COMMS EXPERTS! HELP NEEDED! EXAMS ARE TOMORROW :0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Syafiq

Hi, I would appreciate if you guys could assist me in answering these Multiple-Choice questions :

1) Which of the following statement about BINARY BASEBAND MATCH FILTER is FALSE?

(a) The match filter receiver can be implemented using an Integrate-and-Dump correlation receiver.
(b) In a match filter receiver, the bit error probability is not affected by the input data rate.
(c) The impulse response of a match filter is related to the input pulses.
(d) The match filter is designed to achieve minimum probability of error.

2) The result of f(t)*d(t-t1) where * denotes convolution is :

(a) f(t)
(b) f(t).d(t)
(c) d(t)
(d) f(t-t1)

3) In the digital communication systems, which of the following functional elements is not used to combat the degrading effects of the channel on the signal and maximise the information rate and accuracy?

(a) Channel encoder
(b) Modulator
(c) Transducer
(d) Source decoder

4) Which of the following statement is FALSE?

(a) Impulse sampling is impractical
(b) Natural sampling is carried out using a sample-and hold circuit
(c) Practical sampling pulses have finite duration
(d) Aperture distortion occurs during flat-top sampling

5) Matched filter is used in

(a) Receiver
(b) Transmitter
(c) Modulator
(d) All of the above

There is a difference between "Homework help" and "Do my homework for me".

You will probably get a better response if you show that you have attempted to understand the questions yourself.

Good luck on the exams.

These aren't homework questions. Just a bunch of personal revision questions which I'm ambiguous of the answers despite attempting them earlier.

These aren't homework questions. Just a bunch of personal revision questions which I'm ambiguous of the answers despite attempting them earlier.

If you have attempted them before, please show us your tries. It will give us an idea of where we need to start to help you.

Most members here, myself included, do not just give out answers. I prefer to help you solve the questions on your own. Have you ever heard the saying,

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach a man to fish and he will never go hungry.

?

In other words, I like to help people learn how to do it on their own ("teach a man to fish") rather than just giving him the answers ("give a man a fish").

Please show your work so far. Thank you.

Good luck,
Matt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back