Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

digital clock

Status
Not open for further replies.

xVorticity

i am new to these forums and have a question about a **broken link removed**. i was wondering about the type of power supply to get for it. i don't completely understand what they mean about "Supply voltage: 12V AC C.T. (2 x 6V AC) / 300mA transformer". i found a **broken link removed**. is this a correct power supply for this clock or does anyone know of the right one, maybe a cheaper one somewhere else.

Thank to all who respond, much appreciated.

The output of the 12V C.T. transformer is AC and it has 3 wires.
The power supply you found is DC and has 2 wires.

The clock needs the mains frequency for its functioning. The DC supply doesn't have the mains frequency so the clock won't work.

The output of the 12V C.T. transformer is AC and it has 3 wires.
The power supply you found is DC and has 2 wires.

The clock needs the mains frequency for its functioning. The DC supply doesn't have the mains frequency so the clock won't work.

Thank, do you know where i can get the correct one.

Digikey and Newark have thousands of transformers in stock.
Hundreds of other electronic parts distributors do too.

Radio Shack has a transformer that should be fine. The part number is 273-1365. If you go to radio shack.com and type in the part number, and scroll down a small distance you can probably find one near your home.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back