Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Digital Clock using LS7490 decade counters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zordon

So i have a school project where i have to build a digital clock using 7490's i have already built the seconds and minutes part but i am kind of confused on how to handle the 24 hour counter. current the circuit below will count to 29 and reset to zero. i want it to reach 23 and reset.

LEFT seven segment display Most significant digit

**broken link removed**

Schema attached of two times 7490 IC's to decode 00 to 23 and reset to 00 again for a 24 hour clock.

Hope it helps you with your clock

Regards, Raymond

Attachments

• DSC01829.JPG
    DSC01829.JPG
    118.9 KB · Views: 3,400
Or use two times 7490 IC's and a 7400 to divide the 24.

You have an option available to drive a date counter if you wish.

Attachments

• DSC01830.JPG
    DSC01830.JPG
    123.1 KB · Views: 2,012
Last edited:
RODALCO said:
Or use two times 7490 IC's and a 7400 to divide the 24.

You have an option available to drive a date counter if you wish.

The design with the NAND gates seems a bit pointless, compared to the design without. The 7490 has an AND gate on the reset line, so it seems sensible to use it when it helps, like in the first design you posted.

Answer

Hey, I have to build one of those too!!!
Can you put up yours so I can see what you have wrong, mine, was little different we did not have to all the way to 24 but do it 12 and say either pm or am

here is what i did, i also made a 555 timer to provide a clock pulse

Attachments

• Clock.jpg
    Clock.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 4,955
I made the same circuit, but there is some problem while simulation. The seconds are not displayed properly. I am posting my circuit file(in multisim format), please help me out with the circuit.
Thanks.
Link-
**broken link removed**

don't worry about getting it to work in multisim. It's a waste of time, if you have a large circuit it usually won't work.

what is the logic behind hours circuitary of digital clock

plz clear me the logic behind the hours circuitary of the digital clock

need help

Can any one help me how i can generate clock pulse from crytal oscillator.

Also send me some tutorials for AVR Microcontroller

this type of clock consume more power so AC/DC converted power needed.
on the other hand, it clear all data if black out of power, in the case it's better if it continue counting in itself without displaying by backup battery.
so any chip that can--
1. continue counting during black out.
2. display hh:mm:ss

which chips drives on low supply voltage

which type (TTL/CMOS/others) of chip can work on low supply voltage(5V dc)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back