Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

digital clock re wire

Status
Not open for further replies.

jonnythesurfer

Hi there. For an A-level project we have to create a clock. I have designed a digital clock where I create the 7 segment displays. I don't have to create the electronic mechanism to do this but would like to create a working clock. I was thinking of buying a very cheap digital clock and removing the LCD screen re-wiring it and inserting my 7-segment displays, made using LEDs. I guess this would be possible and if so is it easy and how is it done? (any wiring diagrams?) if not is there a simple way of creating the mechanism needed which I can do at school for as little money as possible?

Any help would be much appreciated thanks

Jonnythesurfer

what micro-controller would you recommend? any that are easily programmed? and set up for a beginner like me? I have only ever used simple picaxe project board at school which could only do on figure. any simple diagrams?

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back