Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Digital Clock Circuits TTL

Status
Not open for further replies.

RODALCO

Digitale Klok Schakelingen, Digital Clock Circuits
Herbert Bernstein
Practical Electronics
ISBN 90 201 1102 7
Kluwer Deventer

The reason that I recommend this book for a review is that there are a lot of people still interested in the TTL technology.
The IC’s are readily available worldwide and are generally cheap.
I have posted about TTL clocks in various threads and a lot of my TTL knowledge was gained from this book.
The book is written in Dutch ( translated from German ) Not sure if it was published in English

Title: Digitale Klok Schakelingen

Author: Herbert Bernstein

Publisher: Kluwer Deventer, 1st print 1979, (135 pages)

Category: Electronics

Brief description:
1. Components for digital clocks in TTL technology. Gate functions, flip flops, dividers, decoders, displays and general info about the 74-series.
2. Basic circuits for TTL clocks, Synchronised and quartz controlled oscillators, Power supplies, Display brightness control etc.
3. Clock circuits in TTL technology: The circuits comprise from a simple 4 digit clock to clocks with seconds, date and calendar indication.
4. Stopwatch circuits in TTL technology. Five different types of time options are covered. Standard start / stop. Event / time out. Taylor / sequential. Split / cumulative.
Multiplexing of LED displays.

My review: I have this book for 28 years now and many times I refer to it, when stuck with a TTL problem or just to refresh my memory.
Many division options with 7490 are also displayed.
TTL technology with the Nixie tubes and 74141 IC’s is also discussed with clock diagrammes as well as fluorescent display tubes, and the 7 segment LED indicators.
Karnaugh diagrammes and truethtables are also discussed in detail.
I can recommend this to anyone with interest in TTL technology which is still about and will be used for many years to come because it is reliable and will last the time.
For English readers the schematics are clear and I’m prepared to help with translation if someone get stuck somewhere.

My rating: 9 / 10

I had a look on Amazone.com but it was not available on their site.
Ebay or the good old second hand shop may yield success.

Kind regards, Raymond

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back