Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

"digital chaotic signal generator" need help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

pyramos

I have to make project which is "digital chaotic signal generator" . I have to use a microprocessor while doing this project. which microprocessor i have to use? can anyone who knows some information about chaotic signals help me?

Does this mean you want to build a microprocessor based system that will output a random sequence of bits?

You can use a monte carlo algorithm to build a pseudorandom generator. Alternatively, you can use the amplified Johnson noise of a resistor (or other noise source, perhaps, internal to the amp) and some glue logic to sample the noise signal at one of your inputs.

Yes I want to build a microprocessor based system but it's output is not exactly random sequence of bits..Its seems like that but whenever I want, I produce the same output..Its output must be a chaotic signal, not a random signal. I don't know which microprocessor or microcontroller I must use and which algorithm can be used to program the chip.

One way to do it would be to synthesize your signals externally (perhaps in matlab, etc). Then load your signals into the flash memory or external eeprom. Then use the serial port / pushbuttons to trigger which signal is selected from memory and output from the pin.

I did something similar in order to synthesize a sine wave and control an inverter.

Do a Google search on "linear feedback shift register" and "pseudorandom bit sequence". This technique allows you to start from a point in the sequence which will vary depending on the seed you give the sequence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back