digital camera information

Status
Not open for further replies.

muhammad108

Dear Sirs
I am a university student from shiraz-iran, My course is Electronic.
I am working on a project and need a camera, but I don't know which camera should I use.
please help me ... this camera should have these capabilities.

1: this camera should be able to distinguish colourful dots (especialy black), with minimum
0.2mm in diameter in a white surface.

2: manually setting focuse

3: I want to process it's image with camputer so, the images shouled transfer to computer
immidiately.

4: I want to use this camera to capture images from a raibon convayer which has 60 Cm width
and moves at 10 cm/s speed.

please help me.

Hi If I understand your question correctly, and all the numbers are correct, all I know is that it will be a very interesting design. Combining the requirements, you need a camera that will detect an object smaller than a pencil dot on paper, and travelling through the camera's veiwing range in 16 milliseconds.

You will need to be sampling still images - you won't see anything in a video feed.

Umm, maybe you could just use a video camera?? and connect it's video output to the computer, then record the output w/ the computer?? I'd think that a digital camera that can feed 10 frames a second to a computer would be kind of expensive.

zachtheterrible said:
Umm, maybe you could just use a video camera?? and connect it's video output to the computer, then record the output w/ the computer?? I'd think that a digital camera that can feed 10 frames a second to a computer would be kind of expensive.

zevon8 has already pointed out that a video camera wouldn't work at all, each object is only in range for 16mS, a single frame of video takes 20mS (for 625 line PAL) - plus the image is moving all that time so it would just be a blur.

Sounds like you're looking for an industrial vision system. They're used for hi-speed inspection on assembly lines, conveyors, etc. Allen-Bradley makes them, as does Sony, Hitachi, Philips, Panasonic, etc. Problem is they're not at all cheap. Any time you add the word "industrial" to a component or system, expect the price to go thru the roof. Try Googling for industrial cameras, industrial vision systems, industrial imaging or machine vision.
JB

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…