Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Digital audio tranmission system - multiple receivers - seeking help

Status
Not open for further replies.

rmdietz

I am undertaking a project for musicians seeking chips for digital wireless audio transmission with low latency and can have several receivers. Most systems require a 1:1 setup, but I would like thoughts and leads for products that allow for more receivers to be used "listening" to the signal transmission signal. Any thoughts are appreciated.

Any wireless system can have any number of receivers (think radio station). The problem comes if you want more than one transmitter.

I was under the impression that there is often a back channel in many DIGITAL systems (transmission of quality data used to ensure information was received sucessfully) will limit the digital system to only allow one receiver. Can you point to some quality chip providers that have the ability to handle multiple receivers?

I understand the limitation on mutiple transmitters. That is not the concern.
Thanks!

I'm not aware that any wireless systems have a receiver that also transmits data back to the transmitter, since that would involve significant added circuitry and cost. They may include some error correction code but that's all in the forward direction. They are normally open-loop otherwise.

I'm not that familiar with digital audio but here's an article from Sony that may be of interest to you. I don't see any reason that you couldn't have more than one receiver with that system.

Any wireless system can have any number of receivers (think radio station). The problem comes if you want more than one transmitter.

He's right, get many receivers if you want, of any type, just make sure they all operate on the same frequency bands.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back