Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Digital Audio Processing and Amplification Project

Status
Not open for further replies.

wilsonmasango

Please help me I have to build a project, the topic is Digital Audio Processing and Amplification. The project should use a microcontroller and should perform basic functions as volume/bass/treble control and equalization. It involves an ADC and class D amplifier. please advise me on the microcontroller to use and the code (preferably in C/C++).

it's said assembly language is the best -if you know it-for microcontroller programming. you only need 32 instructions or thereabout.

what is the description of your project? i.e how is it supposed to function? starting on a block diagram would help you immensely then you can realise the different modules, by searching the net.

about the the microcontroller? it seems 8051 has been used for many stuffs, why not check it up...
well that's all i've got to say, i hope someone would come and give you the details.

Regards.

I would suggest you're looking at a DSP to do that?, not a humble micro-controller - unless you're using it to control a pre-amp IC? - but in that case it's not digital processing!.

This is a DSP proect. The project involves feeding an analogue signal into an ADC which is then fed into the DSP or microcontroller. The output is then fed into a class D amplifier. Please help me with the DSP or microcontroller program.

wilsonmasango said:
This is a DSP proect. The project involves feeding an analogue signal into an ADC which is then fed into the DSP or microcontroller. The output is then fed into a class D amplifier. Please help me with the DSP or microcontroller program.

I've never had any dealings with DSP's, for a start you need to find one you can obtain and get a programmer and software for - the manufacturers datasheet will presumably give details of such common functions as bass, treble etc.

I've had a lot of experience with a TI DSP board (I did a Master's Thesis based around it). I HIGHLY recommend using one, they are very good. If you're serious about it I can recommend a great book to supplement the board. I was very impressed by the ease of use of these boards. Quite impressive.

DSP project

Please post me the title of the book that you recommend for the IT DSP. If u know any websites where I can also get information related to the project, I would be glad if you could post the addresses..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back