Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Digital Alarm Clock RADIO

Status
Not open for further replies.

SERVITEC

Non-English post deleted - moderator

Last edited by a moderator:
Non-English post deleted - moderator

If the language is Spanish, a rough translation appears like below-- courtesy altavista.
"ke such colleagues of the forum my name is Dangelo and I have a problem with MY radio awakener happens that the time of the clock for atrazando about 3 or 5 minutes ke podria to be altering the operation of the awakener I have reviewed the interior of the apparatus and uses the SC8560.aceptare chip its advice to solve the problem. THANKS FOR ITS SUPPORT."

You may have to indicate the frequency used in your country. is it per day 3 to 5 minutes - and even normal clock is drifting ?
whether the transformer used is 4 wire secondary or 5 wires.

perhaps more details are needed.

Last edited:
I think the mains frequency drifts all over the place in some third-world countries.

I think the mains frequency drifts all over the place in some third-world countries.
While that can't be helped, let us device a timebase, so that people who own such clocks can us them.I have tried to mod the sc8560 and perhaps need a wetting of the circuit to prevent errors. I seek your help.
The schematic is attached. I tried to use MM5369with 3.579545MHz crystal deriving 60Hz time base, i need clock drive, displays 1&2 drives(perhaps complimentary)

PS: original datasheet also attached for reference.The second schematic of the datasheet is under consideration.

Attachments

• viswa fresh.pdf
    109.4 KB · Views: 309
  • SC8560AY.pdf
    627.4 KB · Views: 480
Last edited:
It might make a good 8pin PIC project for someone as the MM5369 is getting hard to find. The 12F series chips such as the 12F629/675 or 12F683 with a crystal would make a good substitute for the MM5369. A PIC could supply either 50 or 60Hz with both phases, simplifying the circuit. You could sell pre-programmed PICs to others in India. ;)

Last edited:
It might make a good 8pin PIC project for someone as the MM5369 is getting hard to find. The 12F series chips such as the 12F629/675 or 12F683 with a crystal would make a good substitute for the MM5369. A PIC could supply either 50 or 60Hz with both phases, simplifying the circuit. You could sell pre-programmed PICs to others in India. ;)
your proposal is of course fine. still we need the power drivers. It is for few interested persons and mostly we use Analog clocks with a single AA cell as it serves for an year. Such digital clocks with mains time base are never sold here as either a product or as a kit. Always kits include crystal based time base.
Once the point of using PIC is accepted , we can make the entire clock with PIC16Fxx using the application note AN0615 of microchip and with suitable mod of the asm over there. I have two such clocks working with me. they operate on 2 AA cells. the display shut off feature can be disabled by a mod

the frequency is of 60hz in my Peru country the transformer that enplea is of 3 cables in secondary the problem is: a pair of minutes only is late to the time that but decean to know thanks I see interest to solve this PROBLEM

In Canada and the USA. Britain, Germany and many other civilized countries the mains frequency averages to be EXACT (within a few hundred parts per million) so that electric motor clocks and record players are correct.

In Canada and the USA. Britain, Germany and many other civilized countries the mains frequency averages to be EXACT (within a few hundred parts per million) so that electric motor clocks and record players are correct.
Let us not go on playing th same record . entire world know that you are better off. i feel , that we might confine to offering a possible solution to the issue under the present conditions, rather than pointing at those countries that you are poor or under.... you might agree with me

Let us not go on playing th same record . entire world know that you are better off. i feel , that we might confine to offering a possible solution to the issue under the present conditions, rather than pointing at those countries that you are poor or under.... you might agree with me

At least your trains run to better time! :D

Maybe third word countries should complain about their ancient problems on theiir own website in their own 3rd world country.

Clock radios are cheap and are made to use a very accurate mains frequency.
If you want to use an obsolete crystal oscillator IC to make an accurate timebase then try it.

Maybe third word countries should complain about their ancient problems on theiir own website in their own 3rd world country.

Clock radios are cheap and are made to use a very accurate mains frequency.
If you want to use an obsolete crystal oscillator IC to make an accurate timebase then try it.
Thanks for your understanding and co-operation please.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back