Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Digilent, Max32 PIC Arduino Board

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrAl

Most Helpful Member
Hi,

This looks pretty amazing. It's a 32 bit PIC chip on an Arduino board compatible with Arduinian stuff too.

Some amazing features:
1. Runs at 3.3v, yet has 5v tolerant i/o pins (except the ADC inputs) unlike the Due which gets damaged with 5v on any pin.
2. 18ma i/o pins, unlike the Due which only has 2ma on some pins.
3. Proper clamping on all inputs (typical of Microchip, anti typical of Atmel).
4. 83 i/o pins.
5. OTG controller (with external board add on)
6. CAN controllers (with external board add on)
7. 10/100 Ethernet. (with external board add on)
8. 16 analog inputs.
9. 80MHz, 512K Flash, 128k Ram.
10. Price, $50 USD.

Downside is it needs the MPIDE not the Arduino IDE, but the MPIDE is a modified Artuino IDE. Dont know if it is free or not, but i do hope it is.
LATER:
Found out it's just a core install for the regular Arduino IDE, not an entirely new IDE, and it is free.

This could be the answer to my dreams of a nearly perfect microcontroller board. The comparable Arduinian board, the Due, has little protection on it's i/o pins for over voltages and that creates a big hardware issue when interfacing to 5v external logic.

So the only question left then is, How many should i order :)

Ok seriously, i just got a Mega board so i have to play with that a little first. That's a seriously awesome board too with lots of Flash and Ram and EEPROM.

If anyone tried or tries one of these new Digilent boards please post your experience here somewhere.

Last edited:
Tried both... Uno and Max.... Great little boards however!!! The pinguino series is as good if not better

https://www.olimex.com/Products/Duino/PIC32/open-source-hardware

I have many things started with the diligent boards that now are running on the pinunio... I bought the MikroProC for Pic32... They are extremely powerful....

Hi there Ian,

Thanks for sharing. Are the pinguino boards available populated though? I did not see any for sale that had all components on board already.

Hi Ian,

Well, here they want 17 dollars for one, not too bad really, but then they want 20 dollars shipping per order. So if i bought one unit it would come to 37 dollars. Not sure if i like that inflated shipping charge, but the 17 is good.
Thanks for mentioning these as i might consider getting one in the future.

I've used the Uno32 boards in several project using MPLAX & XC32 programmed via the boards ICSP interface after dumping the Arduino bootloader. A well made board with nice I/O shields for interfaces.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back