Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Different Visual Studio versions on the same machine

Status
Not open for further replies.

misterT

Most Helpful Member
Just wondering if anyone can say is this crazy or not.. can I run into problems.

I had Visual Studio 2010 Express installed earlier. I wanted to update to 2012 (Express) and with little bit searching I found out that I can install that side-by-side with the 2010.. Everything went OK and both versions work.

Today I talked about this at my university and somebody said "Don't you know that the university provides the Professional version free for all students". So.. I go home and install the Professional 2012 version without uninstalling any previous version. Everything OK.. looks like all three versions work.

But, I really don't like to have so many versions on same machine.. just feels untidy. Will I get to trouble if I uninstall any of the previous versions? Would it be safe to uninstall old versions of Microsoft SQL Server?

Last edited:
Microsoft's " file sharing" / "Common files"........ You know full well that something will go south if you uninstall ANY Microsoft installation.

You'll end up with the " Full re-install" if your not careful. Then Re- activation.... You know the drill by now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back