Different Visual Studio versions on the same machine

Status
Not open for further replies.

misterT

Most Helpful Member
Just wondering if anyone can say is this crazy or not.. can I run into problems.

I had Visual Studio 2010 Express installed earlier. I wanted to update to 2012 (Express) and with little bit searching I found out that I can install that side-by-side with the 2010.. Everything went OK and both versions work.

Today I talked about this at my university and somebody said "Don't you know that the university provides the Professional version free for all students". So.. I go home and install the Professional 2012 version without uninstalling any previous version. Everything OK.. looks like all three versions work.

But, I really don't like to have so many versions on same machine.. just feels untidy. Will I get to trouble if I uninstall any of the previous versions? Would it be safe to uninstall old versions of Microsoft SQL Server?

Last edited:
Microsoft's " file sharing" / "Common files"........ You know full well that something will go south if you uninstall ANY Microsoft installation.

You'll end up with the " Full re-install" if your not careful. Then Re- activation.... You know the drill by now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…