Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Different of DC power supply & Battery

Status
Not open for further replies.

miaomiaooh

at the lab,i use DC power supply & adjust it to 6v 0.3A, connect to the mobile phone and charge it, use multimeter to measure it and get the result is nearly 0.3A.
But, i use a 6V/1.3AH sealed lead acid battery and place it with a 27ohm resistor,the output current is nearly 0.2A, then charge the phone,it is success to charge but the current is 0.03A, y like this??the current flow to phone using by lead acid battery is difference with using DC power supply.
i juz place a diode connect with phone,it is a very simple circuit.

Draw a sketch of how the battery connects to the power supply (with a diode?) and another sketch of how the 27 ohm resistor is connected between the two batteries.
Show where the leads of the current meter are connected.

audioguru said:
Draw a sketch of how the battery connects to the power supply (with a diode?) and another sketch of how the 27 ohm resistor is connected between the two batteries.
Show where the leads of the current meter are connected.

+ -------- resistor -------diode------ current meter ----- +

lead acid battery phone

- ------------------------------------------------------- -

sorry,dunno how to insert the circuit diagram,above all is the series connection lead acid - resistor - diode - current meter - phone, connect like this.
measure the current is use the series method and voltage is use parallel method, right?
after i charge the phone,the voltage suddenly will drop to 4v from 6v,y like this?? thx u

Last edited:
There is no difference between a standard battery and a standard DC power supply, it sounds like you're using a current limited lab supply though, the voltage at it's terminals is probably higher than you might think. What is the voltage and type of battery that you're atempting to charge? Generally speaking you can't just connect a resistor and a diode to a battery and expect it to be a good charger. Especially with the diode's voltage drop. You give absolutly no information about the battery you're trying to charge, and if it's a li-poly type battery (common on cell phones) constant current charging them is dangerous.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back