Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Different ADC problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

kalaman

Hi there,
I would like to measure a voltage between VCC and Mosfet's drain. How can i succeed with a PIC? I can use adc functions well but this is an unusual problem for me.

The circuit is this:

Attachments

• Untitl.jpg
    Untitl.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 138
Just measure the voltage at the drain with a simple resistive divider. The voltage across the load is 20-Vdrain.

Can I ask, why you want to? The value will always be one of two values unless the load is capacitive or a motor. Assuming you want to know the current in the load, it would make more sense to put a low value resistor in the ground leg and measure the voltage across that.

Mike.

I would like to make a circuit that lights 100-150 leds groups which are series. I don't want to use resistor with every 3 leds. My circuit will decide to give 10V for leds.
Maybe different method will be better. But I don't want to use resistor for every 3 leds.
Any idea?

matc
Using 100-150 resistors causes power lost. I don't want it. For example what will i do 30V power supply when i use resistors. My MCU have to decide how it drives suitable voltage (10V for 3 leds) to the leds.

Ideally you want to drive LED's with constant current - so if you want to avoid losses you need to losslessy vary the voltage. Have you looked at the LED driver chips you can get? They incorporate a stepup/down controller and are pretty efficient

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back