Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

???differences between 24LC65 and 24LC04B????

Status
Not open for further replies.

slurp.lolipop

May I ask, what is the difference between the mentioned External EEPROM?
24LC65 and 24LC04B?

I am working on a project that interfaces the PIC with the external EEPROM.
However, I am worried that there is an I2C protocol that I have to write in Assembly language in MPLAB.

I have written the codes for the WRITE function from the PIC to the
external EEPROM 24LC65, the coding e.g. setting the SDA and SCL as high or low.

Does the 24LC04B also require ONLY these settings? or is there other coding lines that need to be included?

Thanks.

Sorry, can't help here, except to point out that there's a microprocessor forum here where you might get more/better answers.

The difference I can see is 24lc65 is 8 kbytes and 24lc04 is 512 bytes? (smaller) the 24lc65 has word addressing, and the 24lc04 requires i byte addressing and a little work on the block address (control byte ) .

The 65k has several pages of 64 bytes and the .5k has two pages of 256 bytes.

Cheers Ian

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back