Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

difference between

Status
Not open for further replies.

kyo

what's the difference between

PIC16F877A I/P and PIC16F877A 20/P and PIC16F877A 4/P

is it the capacity of the crystal? please tell me...

kyo said:
y not u tell me f u knw it?please...
1. try to express like an adult

2. PIC16F877A I/P and PIC16F877A 20/P and PIC16F877A 4/P :

They are all almost the same, /P stands for PDIP package,
I means Industrial temperature range
4 maximum frequency is 4Mhz and
20 maximum frequency is 20Mhz

That is not hard, is it?
PS: Read the datasheet!

im sorry guys...i just want to confirm it....

because we have a problem about the package...

we thought that I/P is only capable of 1Mhz..

thanks again...

kyo said:
im sorry guys...i just want to confirm it....

because we have a problem about the package...

we thought that I/P is only capable of 1Mhz..

thanks again...
No, if there is only I/P on the package, then usually it is designed to run @ 20mhz or 40Mhz (Depending on PIC familly 16F Vs 18F)

As far as I know these part numbers do not exist -- PIC16F877A 20/P and PIC16F877A 4/P

All PIC16F877A chips have an internal 20MHz clock. The I/P or E/P variants designate Industrial or Extended temperature range PDIP chips only.

The PIC16F877 (note no 'A') do have more options as far as clock rate, specifically those you mentioned above at 4MHz or 20MHz.

Are you trying to use an 877A in the place of an 877 or vice versa?

PS: The datasheet has all of this information listed as well as being a convenient place to sort out potential problems.

TekNoir said:
As far as I know these part numbers do not exist -- PIC16F877A 20/P and PIC16F877A 4/P

All PIC16F877A chips have an internal 20MHz clock. The I/P or E/P variants designate Industrial or Extended temperature range PDIP chips only.

The PIC16F877 (note no 'A') do have more options as far as clock rate, specifically those you mentioned above at 4MHz or 20MHz.

Are you trying to use an 877A in the place of an 877 or vice versa?

PS: The datasheet has all of this information listed as well as being a convenient place to sort out potential problems.
That is absolutely correct. :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back