Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Difference between PIC's

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheKnight

Hi all,

Can anyone tell me what is and is there some major difference between the PIC16f628A and PIC16f628-04\P ?

While googling, I came to some conclusions, but all it said was that it was basically the same, but an upgrade to the 628A.

Which one is the better for me to buy?

Thanks.

04 simply means it's only specified to 4MHz (the other option is 20MHz).

There's no way they make two completely different chips, so the 4MHz version is just the same as the 20.

'Perhaps' they are selected after manufacture?, but I've never seen (or heard of) a 4MHz part that doesn't work perfectly at 20MHz.

Buy the 628A, it had significant bug fixes from the original 628.

Microchip.com have PDFs you can download;
16F628 errata document
and
migrating from the 16F628 to the 16F628A

There would be no reason to buy the original 628 unless they are dirt cheap surplus sales.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back