Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Difference-Amplifier

Status
Not open for further replies.

dark

Hi,

I see a circuit of difference amplifier where the reference is set to 10V (the rest of the circuit require a bipolar supply , therefore the reference) . I know the transfer function of the difference amplifier when referenced to GND , but what is the ckt behaviour in the attached image . When we reference it to 10V , is it the same as before Vout=((V2-V1)(Rf/Rin) , hope V2,V1,Rf,Rin are understood . And this time the ckt is expected to get a VCC of 14V? , is this correct.

Thanks
-Adi

Attachments

• difference-amp.GIF
    difference-amp.GIF
    7 KB · Views: 163
Last edited:
Hi,

I see a circuit of difference amplifier where the reference is set to 10V (the rest of the circuit require a bipolar supply , therefore the reference) . I know the transfer function of the difference amplifier when referenced to GND , but what is the ckt behaviour in the attached image . When we reference it to 10V , is it the same as before Vout=((V2-V1)(Rf/Rin) , hope V2,V1,Rf,Rin are understood . And this time the ckt is expected to get a VCC of 14V? , is this correct.

Thanks
-Adi

hi,
How do you get a value of 14Vout.?

hi,
How do you get a value of 14Vout.?

Hi, I was assuming if GND=10V then VCC= 24-10 ? not sure! or is it mid way in between 24V , is it in between 0V----10V----24V.

Regards/

When the AC input signal is less than +10V then the output of the opamp will be less than +10V.
When the AC input signal is exactly +10V then the output of the opamp is exactly +10V.
When the AC input signal is more than +10V then the output of the opamp is more than +10V.

R3 and R1 attenuate the input to 0.0909 times.
The gain of the opamp is (150k/10k) + 1= 16. The total gain from input to output is
0.0909 x 16= 1.45 times.

When the AC input signal is less than +10V then the output of the opamp will be less than +10V.
When the AC input signal is exactly +10V then the output of the opamp is exactly +10V.
When the AC input signal is more than +10V then the output of the opamp is more than +10V.

R3 and R1 attenuate the input to 0.0909 times.
The gain of the opamp is (150k/10k) + 1= 16. The total gain from input to output is
0.0909 x 16= 1.45 times.

Hi audioguru ,Thanks ;

How do you get ' 0.0909 times.' figure?

It seems to be reasonable what you explain the 10V becomes the center point of the either side swing .

With (V2-v1)*Gain I end up with a -ve sign , what transfer function holdes now.

Regards
-Adi

Hi audioguru ,Thanks ;

How do you get ' 0.0909 times.' figure?

It seems to be reasonable what you explain the 10V becomes the center point of the either side swing .

With (V2-v1)*Gain I end up with a -ve sign , what transfer function holdes now.

Regards
-Adi

hi,
Ratio of, 5K/[50K + 5K] = 0.0909

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back