Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Did Marconi Really Send the First Transatlantic Radio Signal?

Status
Not open for further replies.
i think it was him due to the extensive work that had to go into the spark gap transmitter that he had. i don't know if there were many of them around at that time. thats just my opinion though, i realy have know way of knowing

i think it was him
Many stories of its kind. Since it happened 100 years ago, the possibility of finding eyewitnesses is low. Many of these claims of 'firsts' are threaded with personal pride, nationalism, and money.

Seeking the 'truth' after so long seems rather pointless to me.
i realy have know way of knowing

And if I recall correctly, Marconi didn't claim to send the first transatlantic radio signal. He claimed to have received it.

Ofcourse, the issue has many faces. I collected an article which i preserved in a word file and as per that, it gives an opinion that Marconi did it. Some historical info is tried to be presented. a copy is attached for any interested person to go thro'.

A link is given below and the last part of the article therein indicates the position of Marconi's Trans Atlantic Tx.
https://www.qsl.net/vu2msy/JCBOSE.htm

Last edited:
mvs sarma said:
Ofcourse, the issue has many faces. I collected an article which i preserved in a word file and as per that, it gives an opinion that Marconi did it. Some historical info is tried to be presented. a copy is attached for any interested person to go thro'.

A link is given below and the last part of the article therein indicates the position of Marconi's Trans Atlantic Tx.
https://www.qsl.net/vu2msy/JCBOSE.htm
hi Sarma,
My gut reaction to that 'article' re Bose microwave work, leads me to believe its another web hoax.
IMHO it needs to be taken with a large pinch of salt!:rolleyes:

Last edited:
ericgibbs said:
hi Sarma,
My gut reaction to that 'article' re Bose leads me to believe its another web hoax.
IMHO it needs to be taken with a large pinch of salt!:rolleyes:

As it is controversial issue, I do understand your reaction. I would only suggest to put thought and it might take time to check the references given in the article. I t cold be tracked back if the available data and links are sufficient.

There are certain cross examples. There is a similar controversy on Graham Bell. Now some other name comes up.

I just wanted to post it as I saw it in the last week and an international commemoration is ON among HAM societies. we are all free to express our views. Thanks for your opinion Rolleyes.

hi,
My question would be 'how was he able to measure the millimetric waves'?
In order to know they were indeed millimetric.:confused:

He was obviously a brilliant scientist, its the millimetric I am having trouble with.:)

ericgibbs said:
hi,
My question would be 'how was he able to measure the millimetric waves'?
In order to know they were indeed millimetric.:confused:

He was obviously a brilliant scientist, its the millimetric I am having trouble with.:)

It is recorded history. i too came across it very recently. if it is fantasy or religion we can believe or not no issue. as he was a scientist of those days , now some eminent people have to work for it to prove or disprove. I don't put myself at that stage. I remain admirer of those. and thank that their inventions gave me service life and my earnings.

i had another article lined below

http://www.tuc.nrao.edu/~demerson/bose/bose.html

D Emerson had revised the article on "life and work of Bose". Perhaps it could thro some more light.

Last edited:
hi,
After reading your latest link, I must confess that it is a convincing article.
I will keep an open mind and do some further reading as its an area of interest for me,
served in the Royal Air Force for 5 years working on ground centi-metric radar.

Many thanks for the feedback..:)

ericgibbs said:
hi,
After reading your latest link, I must confess that it is a convincing article.
I will keep an open mind and do some further reading as its an area of interest for me,
served in the Royal Air Force for 5 years working on ground centi-metric radar.

Many thanks for the feedback..:)
Nice to know your beck ground and let some one like you can have a critical analysis-

I also remember that Nikola Tesla tried to Sue Marconi for the Radio patent, but in the end I think that they both shared it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back