Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Dhaval Prajapati stole my work!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ikalogic

Hello, i am begining to find more and more websites stealing (copy/pasting) pages from my website (https://www.ikalogic.com) without even taking my opinion nor mentioning my name or any credit at all... THIS FEELS HORIBLE. i work hard to provide free content, i work hard to make it as clear as possible to the visitors...

Last day i found this site:

https://dhavlu.blogspot.com/search/label/AVR Programmer

which is an exact copy of:

**broken link removed**

You will notice that he didn't copy the pictures that have my name or my website name...

And it drives me crazy that i cann't even contact the administrator named "Dhaval".. There is no e-mail on the website.. I thought I would put that thread here.. maybe he will se it, or someone he knows will see it.

this really discourages me......... :(

Dhaval Prajapati, if you read this i want to let you know that people like you are no less immoral that theives. You don't reflect the mentality of a futur engineer. I hope my best you will fail in your studies.

Last edited:
Here is another one!!!!!

**broken link removed**

this pages copies parts of my page:

**broken link removed**

This one even 'cut' my name from a picture......

Can anybody tell me what can i do to stop that???

Google say i have to send faxes etc... no simpler way??

ikalogic said:
**broken link removed**

Can anybody tell me what can i do to stop that???

Google say i have to send faxes etc... no simpler way??

Probably nothing. You can ask the offender to stop or to give credit, but if that doesn't work, you are probably stuck. In the US, anything you write is copyrighted regardless of whether you put the little ©; however, enforcement and the cost of enforcement is entirely born by the copyright holder. For the vast majority of things, it simply is not worth it.

There are anti-copy programs. Adobe makes some of the software, but I am not familiar with it. Besides, for every anti-copy method, there seems to be an anti-anticopy method. For example, see the thread on this forum about copying CD/DVDs.
John

jumides said:
recompile you program add some note regarding on your problem or even move
your zip file to other directory and this is the best, replace the link file with file
saying "the file are not available, Dhaval Prajapati *****:mad: "

that's not a bad idea.. i'll do that right now! thx!

By the way, it is not my program, it's made by Adam Dybkowski !

Last edited:
If you're in the US or a country with reciprocal copyright relations to US, you can use the DMCA to force the offending website's ISP to take the content offline. It is very easy and cheap.

Simply type up a letter in English all neat like with no misspellings, slang words or short cuts. State that you are the original copyright holder of the works. Give the date you published your work, and all the offending URL and image file names.

The neat thing with the DMCA is the burden of proof lies on the defendant, not on the rights holder. The ISP must comply under penalty of federal law, and the defendant has the burden of proving they did not steal your work.

Remember, you need to make an actual phyiscal letter, not some email, and don't use slang, short cuts or misspelled words. You should prepare your letter, and have some other people proof read it for you first. Once that is done, you need to send it to google's legal department:

Google, Inc.
Attn: Google Legal Support, DMCA Complaints
1600 Amphitheatre Parkway
Mountain View, CA 94043

Here is more information on Google's DMCA complain process:

https://www.google.com/dmca.html

justDIY said:
If you're in the US or a country with reciprocal copyright relations to US, you can use the DMCA to force the offending website's ISP to take the content offline. It is very easy and cheap.

Simply type up a letter in English all neat like with no misspellings, slang words or short cuts. State that you are the original copyright holder of the works. Give the date you published your work, and all the offending URL and image file names.

The neat thing with the DMCA is the burden of proof lies on the defendant, not on the rights holder. The ISP must comply under penalty of federal law, and the defendant has the burden of proving they did not steal your work.

Remember, you need to make an actual phyiscal letter, not some email, and don't use slang, short cuts or misspelled words. You should prepare your letter, and have some other people proof read it for you first. Once that is done, you need to send it to google's legal department:

Google, Inc.
Attn: Google Legal Support, DMCA Complaints
1600 Amphitheatre Parkway
Mountain View, CA 94043

Here is more information on Google's DMCA complain process:

https://www.google.com/dmca.html

i know.. i went through that page... but.... is it worth it ?! After all i am not selling my product... I just opted for a "creative commons" liscence that i've put on all the pages of my website. It states that people can copy but have to keep credit for the author.

thanks anyway...

on a second thought, I think it is worth it, but i'll wait until there something like 10 or 15 sites that copy my content, this way i only send one mail for all of them! :D

ikalogic said:
i know.. i went through that page... but.... is it worth it ?! After all i am not selling my product... I just opted for a "creative commons" liscence that i've put on all the pages of my website. It states that people can copy but have to keep credit for the author.

Add water marks on your photo ,place your name and site behind schematic, this way the reader will know whose the real author.

This is a shame!

I don't know, the kid is an 18 year old snake, and you might try dhavlu_rock @(Yahoo) which is listed on his profile.

The funny part is I feel angry about this. :)

If you do a search on .htaccess you will find some scripts you can add which will stop hotlinking and display "alternative" images i.e. "This image has been stolen from xxxxx" whenever anyone tries to hotlink to it.

Or as above - watermark your images/schematics

Aren't there programs that let you make it so that the person can't right click on anything to download your images? It makes it a pain for those who want to save it on their computer to use though. But if you really wanted to I guess you could go to the extra work to make a downloadable, LOCKED PDF version.

dknguyen said:
Aren't there programs that let you make it so that the person can't right click on anything to download your images? It makes it a pain for those who want to save it on their computer to use though. But if you really wanted to I guess you could go to the extra work to make a downloadable, LOCKED PDF version.
Easy to get round.

Use a different browser which lets you block the scripts, do a screen grab, view your cache files etc.

picbits said:
Easy to get round.

Use a different browser which lets you block the scripts, do a screen grab, view your cache files etc.

Yes, it's easy to get around, as you say.. And also, i don't want the navigation to be a pain for normal visitors.

I am currently studying the alternative named "registeredCommons" it's not free, but, maybe it is worth it!

THe screen grab is a pain in the ass to do though if you have a lot of pictures spaced out so they can't fit onto the same window. I guess you could also watermark your entire picture with your name faintly in the background.

dknguyen said:
THe screen grab is a pain in the ass to do though if you have a lot of pictures spaced out so they can't fit onto the same window. I guess you could also watermark your entire picture with your name faintly in the background.

and what about the dozen of pages of text? :D

jumides said:
They would not probably steal your design :rolleyes: :D :D

Without pictures they would probably move on and steal someone else's design. BUt you could always make your text a giant picture too and watermark that.

Or make it all java or flash or something so it just can't be copied period.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back