Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

DFM Now! Installer “DFMNow-V8.zip/exe”

Status
Not open for further replies.

ANTALIFE

Hey All

A bit of a long shot, but would anyone have the installer for DFM Now!, which should be called either “DFMNow-V8.zip” or “DFMNow-V8.exe”, and would have originally lived here. If not, do you mind sharing the installed files typically living in “C:\Numerical Innovations\DFM Now V8”? You could upload either to something like file.io

Reason for asking is that DFM Now! has been discontinued (as in completely purged from the internet), with the last version being either v8.3.53 or v8.4

Attachments

• dfmnow_box_med_medium.png
    dfmnow_box_med_medium.png
    59.1 KB · Views: 121
Hey All

A bit of a long shot, but would anyone have the installer for DFM Now!, which should be called either “DFMNow-V8.zip” or “DFMNow-V8.exe”, and would have originally lived here. If not, do you mind sharing the installed files typically living in “C:\Numerical Innovations\DFM Now V8”? You could upload either to something like file.io

Reason for asking is that DFM Now! has been discontinued (as in completely purged from the internet), with the last version being either v8.3.53 or v8.4

Attachments

• DFMNow-V8.zip
    64.9 MB · Views: 247
Thanks so much for sharing the installer eTech ; - ;

Is this the latest version you have installed? The installer you shared is v8.1.3, and the last version to be released was v8.3.53, which allows you to save the workspace file (*.wrk)

Last edited:
My anti-virus software warns that 'DFM Now' is a trojan :eek:

Send it to VirusTotal.Com for an accurate result. I have tested and uninstalled every AV suite I can think of for over 20 yrs in favour of startmonitor , a tiny old utility by Mike Lyn. Even all traces of Windefend and win7 updates are gone.

an FYI....

I ALWAYS virus scan files before posting or after downloading.
My AV software does this automatically.

Hopefully, this server does as well...

I don't trust any AV software for performance or accuracy and tried all of them all. Although I did like KAV 1.0 for details. Although I resist ever wanting to try Win 10 or 11 again or 12,, WinDefend does work ok if you don't mind the odd false positive there. I tested them with as much Malware I could find.

I use Win Defender too and find it fine. All other AV software I've used seem to be a complete resource hog and almost impossible to remove.

BTW, currently on Ubuntu with no AV.

Mike.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back