Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Dexter banned at AAC too

Status
Not open for further replies.

tvtech

Most Helpful Member
Hi Guys

After much discussion over there about stuff and principles and what is right and wrong...he is history.
Funnily enough, one of the Guys there suggested he is maybe Banned probably from Google too.

Please be very wary. He might just try and creep in here again and cause chaos.

Regards,
tvtech

Please remind me, if you would, who this person was on ETO.

Hi CBB

Billy Mayo was one, Dexter (cant spell now). Frequent warnings from here to AAC fell on deaf ears.....well they eventually took action and Banned him.

AG knows the whole story...he bust this time wasting imbecile first.

Walters was but one of many aliases.

Regards,
tvtech

Last edited:
ya the guy that was blowing up boards to find shorts on avionics equipment.
I went over there a few days ago to read some of his stuff for a good laugh.
He was trying to figure out why one scopes auto trigger worked different than another at low frequencies.
It went on for Page after Page after Page.

But why did it go on for page after page ?

Please explain ?

Who was trying to figure out scopes auto trigger.

My manager asks me to ask the above questions.

I'll get my coat .............

It went on for page after page, and countless threads were created about the simplest of things, because he is either clueless and unable to follow the answers he gets, or is a troll who stay within the TOS for the site he is trolling.

He goes/has gone under the names:
DexterMcCoy, BillyMayo, VanCastillo, Walters, and a few others. He causes trouble wherever he goes, because the general membership can see through his posts and eventually ID him for who he is, but until he falls foul of the site's TOS, he doesn't get banned. The Mods/Admin have a difficult time because it takes a while to trip him up and make him fall foul of the rules.

I read all of his threads on AAC and got sick of seeing well-intentioned individuals getting sucked in and replying to his BS. There's always someone new, who doesn't know him, trying to help out and it seems he gets his kicks from taking the P, the I and the double S out of those trying to help.

I sort of 'spammed' one of his last threads on AAC, by asking multiple questions about the minutest details of his OP, asked him to post the proprietary schematics he eventually got banned for, and pretty much gave him as much as he gave out to the rest of the forum by asking him multiple pointless questions about information very loosely related to his replies. The next day, all of my posts were removed and I got a PM warning me to stay out of his threads, otherwise I would get a ban. The day after that, he was banned.

Regards.

Edited to add the above in Italics.

I sort of 'spammed' one of his last threads on AAC, by asking multiple questions about the minutest details of his OP, asked him to post the proprietary schematics he eventually got banned for, and pretty much gave him as much as he gave out to the rest of the forum by asking him multiple pointless questions about information very loosely related to his replies. The next day, all of my posts were removed and I got a PM warning me to stay out of his threads, otherwise I would get a ban. The day after that, he was banned.

Does not seem right that the people trying to help, even if it is to get a bad apple banned get warning to stay out of his threads.
If that keep up only new posters would keep his threads going and he could go on forever until everyone had a taste of his life sucking drible.

The thing is Andy, after the regulars got a feel for who he was and warned the Mods/Admin (Eric even had a word) it was the new people, or those who weren't familiar with him, who kept him 'fed'.

I feel for LG in this particular case, because his life is structured around 'Black and White', not the grey areas we commonly have to interpret and deal with. The fact that LG got a ban for calling a duck a duck is a bitter pill to swallow, since his instincts were proven correct in the end. But it's also the mess in-between, which involved other members, that added to the frustration regarding this particular person. Alarm bells were ringing all around and attempts were made to shut down the problem, but the Mods/Admin seemed to be dragging their feet.

I watched it play out in several threads. I just read and watched. Glad it is over.

I believe you are correct .

I got many "warnings" and PM's, and deleted posts over him on AAC. Whats really bad is, that when he comes back, like 4pyros says, he gets to start over like nothing happened and he wasn't even banned! Because all new members are welcome and start with a 'clean slate'!!!!!!!!!

Just keep watching the New Posts! don't know how long he or it can go without asking a dumb question.

Hi Guys

We all know the way he/it operates..
The first indication that this happens here...report to Moderation.

I am pretty sure our brilliant active Mods here will not dither. Once bitten= twice shy.

Regards,
tvtech

Hi Bill

Brilliant to see you popping around here again after your rest from ETO (us).
I miss your posts. Always informative and bang on target.

Regards,
tvtech
Yes Bill long time no hear.

A new member by the name of der just joined today, I am keeping an eye on him.

Yes Bill long time no hear.

Hi Buddy

I feel I have to say this. I do not have a clue who you are.
But you were the very first one that picked up on the fact that I sneaked back here under the "atech" thing..you remember?

The little Animals thread. You were a star. And still are. Thanks for the reps and everything.

Forums can be so much fun. And great places to hang out.

If only people could all understand that.

ETO will get there again like we were a few years ago. I cannot wait for it :) Soon though :)

You know why...because ultimately ETO had to lead the way. ETO had to stuff up first..so the others could learn from our mistakes....

How is that?

That is why it took so long for them at ACC to get rid of the troll. We warned them.

Regards,
tvtech

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back