Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Device Identification

Status
Not open for further replies.

normbourne

Hi Guys,
At present I am trying to sort a power supply card from a Kaguchi injection moulder, and I have a few sold state devices which I am trying to identify, and so determine their purpose.

The first device carries the number, "3122.2V" which is a three legged device, mounted to a heat sink.

The next device, carries the number "CT0225" which again, is a three legged device, mounted to a heat sink.

The next device, carries the number "C83004" which again, is a three legged device, mounted to a heat sink.

The "CT0225" & "C83004", also carry, a bit of a diagram, which appears to be, the circuit equivalent of a PNP transistor:-

o-----I>I-----o------I<I-------o

To take them out of circuit is a bit of a bind so it would be helpful to know more about them, before taking them out.

Thanks fellahs,

Norm.

Two Shottky rectifiers with a common cathode, frequently used in off-line powered switching power supplies? These sound like custom labeled parts. Are they in TO-220 type packages?

Last edited:
Hi Mike,

Thanks for the prompt reply, yes they are 220 case outline, although the CA83004, is also a flat pack it is larger than the standard 220.

The 3122V proves to be a Voltage regulator.

Thanks again,

Norm

Hi Guys, Moving on, the Kaguchi injection moulder, caries the designation, Model No. KM 100b. There is a power supply board that supplies various voltages into a motherboard, into which are plugged, 4 circuit boards. I have removed the Power board, and the voltages I obtained on the power board are, 5.1 volts, 17.1 Volts, 9.8 Volts, 17.1 Volts, negative. Thinking that I had a problem with the voltages, not being standard Levels, vis. 5v 24v 12v & 24v. Neg. ..?? I replaced all the electrolytic capacitors, which I believe, are notorious for breakdown, I again carried out bench tests, but very little difference was noted. Does anyone know where I could perhaps, obtain circuit diagrams pertaining to this machine, in particular, the power supply board, and it's designed output levels. Regards, Norm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back