Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Device ID

Status
Not open for further replies.

jjegarcia

Using propic2 I found this error "No device ID found", but I the text area to introduce it is dissabled. Do you know what means Device ID? Do you know how to sort this out?

Each Pic Micro has a Device Id burned into it, so that a programer know that the chip it is programing is the right one.
Look at the Programing Specifications on the chip you are using. It tells about this Id number.

What chip are you using?

This could also mean that the programer cant find the chip??
Hardware Check???

kentken said:
Each Pic Micro has a Device Id burned into it, so that a programer know that the chip it is programing is the right one.

Perhaps a few of the new PIC's might do this, but certainly the vast majority of PIC's don't - I've never seen one which does, but I only use the 16 and 12 series PIC's. It's certainly a feature I've wanted adding to PIC's, I would love to add automatic PIC detection to my WinPicProg software! - but there's never been any way to do it (until now, perhaps?).

I gess I was refering to the 18F series. I used PP18 that uses this feature. It only will let you program when it sees the chip that you choose.

When I do the 16F series, I use Fpp. It also don't check for a Device Id.

Sorry for my mixup

Got it Thanks

Yes, indeed its burned into the chip and once the software intends to program the uC read out the ID. I found problems in my PCB but its been sort it.......................Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back