Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Developing an Operations and Service manual

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mosaic

Hi All:
I want to create a service manual for a product I am designing. It occupies three packed 3.25" x 5" double sided PCBs,mostly 0805 and some thru hole parts. A 28 pin SOIC micro some jelly bean opamps and a TL494 are the IC's.

It's complex enough to make it hard to figure out the design after putting it down for a couple of months. It's been growing in fits and starts for about 3 years now. I add a feature every so often. This session I want to get to a beta test version.
Having never done a project this complex before I usually document by adding comments placed into the schematic on the design reasoning and noting a few testpoint voltages etc.

Does anyone have a suggestion as to a good method or example for doing such documentation?
tx
Ancel

Ancel:
As I said in tekscopes look at some manuals.

Here is a manual for a Keithley 480, https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct...UySuq6CK7L6AGMA&bvm=bv.89217033,d.eXY&cad=rja

it's the "newer style" where they "loose" informaton in their parts list.

Note on PDF page 26, for Q101-104, the info is not complete. Only the Keithley p/n's are given. In an older manual, usually more info was given.

A lot of times, manuals such as Heathkit and Zenith would have a page of IC outlines. The designer and/or trouble shooter might need the manuafacturer's datasheet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back