Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

determine square wave width...

Status
Not open for further replies.

SirBeagle

Hello,
I'm new so please bear with me.

I'm hoping to be able to use a PIC to determine the rising & falling edge of a square wave - If I have that info I can then determine the width of the pulse. I have a vague idea of how it can be done & only limited PIC programming experience (I was able to write a program & flash my PIC (16f84??) to get some LEDs to light up & blink) :eek:

Any help, comments, pics, etc. would be greatly appreciated! (what pins to use, can I hook up my signal directly to the pic (which pic, which inputs) or do I need some logic gates in between...???)

Thanks,
Jeff.

The 16F84 is a somewhat simple PIC, the cheaper and better 16F628A has a CCP module and one of its modes can be used for pulse width measurement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back