Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Detecting of sound...

Status
Not open for further replies.

eLGin

Hi i am currently working on a project where i have to make a circuit which can detect sound.most preferably is used under a class room which i can detect the noise levels and send the signals into 8051 micro controller and display a message "the noise level is too high" onto lcd display.
I wonder if any peeps out there who can help me with my circuit?

Thanks

HAAA HAAAA :lol: . thats perdy funny. u wanna make a sign that lights up when someone in ur classroom is making 2 much noise? good idea, but u have 2 remember that chairs scraping across the floor, dropping back packs, etc will set off the sign. An idea might be to make it so that the sign will only light up when the noise is too loud for 2 seconds or so, that way scraping chairs n stuff wont set it off. Wut grade do u teach?

hMm i i only have a rough idea.i just mainly think that i only need to detect sounds made by people.Regarding about the chairs sounds,i just imagine myself having a classroom whereby chairs are screwed to the ground.Some sort of a small lecture mini room.

Human voice have the range below 3khz.I just mainly have to build a circuit which the noise is only too loud.hMm i wonder if anyone is good in this?

I guess my project is almost similar to a P.A system;microphone,preamplifier...etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back