Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

detecting car in parking lot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alex Ng

i want to desing a pototype of system for automobile car parking such that when a car is exist at the parking lot in the car park, the sensor will automatic detect and send a signal to microcontroller to desplay the location of this car. below are my question:
1)if i use ultrasonic sensor or infrared sensor, what things should i consider when using them?
2) i am using 16f877a to connect the sensor, do anyone can show me how to connect it (Give me schematic diagram if possible)?
3) Please suggest me cheaper infraed detecter?

As Russlk suggests, a road loop may be the most reliable way to do this. Basically a loop of wire is buried in the ground, and when a car ( big metallic object ) passes over the loop, the current through the loop changes, and is detected. Do a google search for road loop sensor.

Any other type of sensor will be prone to vandalism, accidental damage, the weather causing problems, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back