Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

desoldering pump

Status
Not open for further replies.

patroclus

Hi,
I have a desoldering pump but it's a cheap one and I wat to buy a better one.
I saw 3 models I like. One of them has several speed, and it's made out of aluminium. It is also antiestatic, with silicon rubber nozzles.
the other ones have PTFE nozzels (is this fact really important??), and are made out of plastic.

the best model, Is it worth it??
Also, as the "tip's hole" (where it actually "sucks" solder) is bigger, does it affect the work?? for example, I can choose between a 5mm thick tip, or 3mm, with a "hole" of 3 and 1.5 respectivily.

Thank you!

patroclus said:
Hi,
I have a desoldering pump but it's a cheap one and I wat to buy a better one.
I saw 3 models I like. One of them has several speed, and it's made out of aluminium. It is also antiestatic, with silicon rubber nozzles.
the other ones have PTFE nozzels (is this fact really important??), and are made out of plastic.

the best model, Is it worth it??
Also, as the "tip's hole" (where it actually "sucks" solder) is bigger, does it affect the work?? for example, I can choose between a 5mm thick tip, or 3mm, with a "hole" of 3 and 1.5 respectivily.

Thank you!

The "best" model is probably not worth it in my opinion. I've used these things ranging from crap models to over-designed types and the results are all the same..the thing just needs to create a vacuum to suck solder.. thats it.. they all do it..

The antistatic models... umm yeah thats nice.. I've never had a problem. Besides if you are zapping circuits because of ESD, its not like a solder sucker is really going to save anything! LOL after you put it down, you'll zap them by some other means. ESD is a problem that should be attacked at the source and not with lots of tools that prevent discharge/builup..

so, you think is better any "sucker", and not spend a lot on them??
Maybe a plastic antistatic, standar desoldering pump is ok??

This is what you try to say?
Thank you :)

patroclus said:
so, you think is better any "sucker", and not spend a lot on them??
Maybe a plastic antistatic, standar desoldering pump is ok??

This is what you try to say?
Thank you :)

Yes. Get regular kind. Anti-static is ok.
Save that extra money for something worthwhile like a book on electronics.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back