Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

desing a system using lvdt and rds sensors.

Status
Not open for further replies.

engrrehmat

I am working on a system which is actually used industrial based and we are searching for good equipments that should be costly and reliable.
the system is described as, 2 axis (0-10m, 0-20m) moving platform.
2 cylinders attached for 0-10m displacement along x-axis.
motor attached with VFD for 0-20m displacement along y-axis.
2 displacement sensors for x and y-axis, for x-axis LVDT, and for y-axis RDS.
in the y direction motor is used to move the weight up and down and for the x direction lvdt is used to move the weight.

plz suggest me how to make my system better.
plz i need this urgent within 2 days, so i request u all, to suggest me which types of lvdt and rds sensors are suitable and which type of motor.

And you are willing to pay how much?

You don't mention how accurate? Having an allowable uncertainty would help.

However for inexpensive I use an LVDT similar to these BEI sensors or sensors made by Honeywell similar to this family of sensors. If you want extreme accuracy then look to LASER Displacement in the 10mm to 20mm ranges. I use Micro Epsilon along these lines. you may want to look at the LD1607-20 units. Be aware they cost about $3,500 each in $USD.

As to motors, I would be thinking a geared stepper motor driving a lead screw. Consider high quality, high torque (based on your torque needs). I see you are on Pakistan so I have no clue what you have available. I happen to like names like Anaheim Automation in stepper motors. You don't want a hobby motor but a good commercial motor.

Ron

could you use encoders on motor shafts to measure distance? This is the easiest way to control position if they are no slip

i am not going to build the system just i am designing it, and make a report that which parts i can use to make the system best. how i can attest the picture of the system, so that u all can see and suggest me well. i have no url of it i have draw it in paint. as i am new in this forum.

i am using stepper motor for the y direction because it is accurate to use and gives good result.
and carmusic brother u told me about the encoders i don have much information about that so plz help me about that.

Using optical encoders is a very good and accurate way to go about measuring travel. You can use a stepper motor with a through shaft. Let the stepper drive an optical encoder similar to these in H20 or H25 series.

You don't mention how the motor is moving things such as a leadscrew or what?

If you have a controlled stepper motor running at 1,000 RPM for example driving a 50:1 gearbox the output is 20 RPM. If that is couples to a lead screw with a pitch of 10 TPI (Threads Per Inch) then each revolution of the shaft woul;d be 0.1 inch (sorry but I do inches). Now 20 RPM from the reduction gearbox becomes 2 inches per min of travel.

The speed is a function of the optical encoder output. If the encoder outputs 1,000 pulses per revolution (they come in all flavors) you use those pulses for "Rate" calculation.

Read up on optical encoders.

Ron

the motor will move a weight in the y direction simply up and down, this system is basically desingned for pick and place,.
which stepper motor will u suggest for this, as the movement is from 0 to 20m. and the motor is connect to vfd(virtual frequency derive)
and thx for ur help brother, need more help from u.

When a person asks, "which motor" and does not provide any information about the weight or speed, it makes the asking person look like they do not belong doing this kind of work because they do not know the first week of physics class. If you don't know what weight you are lifting, why should we be able to guess?

the weight to be lift by the system is 5-10kg.
and in the x direction i am using lvdt, so can any body suggest me good design than this i have provided.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back