Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Designing of a PWM based variable voltage regulator(input 220VAC output 3-5VDC) for medical light source.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello friends,I am planning to design a PWM based variable regulated voltage power supply for medical light source.The input for the light sourvce will be 220VAC and the output will be 3-5 VDC.Also i am planning to embed the microcontroller to display the brightness level of the light thus producedin LCD Display of & segment Display.
Hope you will help me in designing this.

Most countries have very strict rules on any medical device that's connected to the mains. For this reason, medical grade supplies are available and should be used.

Mike.

There are lots of designs of 5 V power supplies that have 220 V ac input. I suggest that you use one of those, and put a PWM control between the 5V output of the power supply and the light source.

What is the maximum current that the light source takes?

To do a 50W isolated power supply for medical purposes requires a good level of expertise and various levels of certification. I doubt you have that level of experience, just buy an adequately specified supply and be safe.

Mike.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back