Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

designing crystal oscillator circuit

Status
Not open for further replies.

allex_345

i have project to design crystal oscillator circuit using by fet transistor ,it should be producing frequency about 600Mhz ,
so can i help me to do this .

For crystal oscillators, bipolar devices will give you better sideband noise. FET's, particularly insulated gate devices, have higher 1/f noise.

67 MHz third overtone Colpitt design, pick off third harmonic at collector, run into tripler stage to 600 MHz.

Good book on topic is 'Crystal Oscillator Design and Temperature Compenmsation' by Marvin E. Frerking

You can make a 600 MHz oscillator with a SAW resonator design but it will not have the frequency stability of a regular crystal oscillator design.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back