Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Designing a risque art project with dual dimmers and touch on/off

Status
Not open for further replies.

TStryker

Sorry for the multiple post!

Hi!
I am currently trying to design a kind of risque art project for a show. The project involves a female mannequin. That looks a bit like this:

**broken link removed**

I will be installing a 100 watt incandescent bulb on her head. I am looking to have 2 pots where her nipples are, to dim the bulb. When one is all the way up and the other is all the way down, I'm hoping to decrease intensity by 50% and when both pots are turned to highest resistance, to decrease light intensity to extremely dim or none. For the on/off switch I intend to use a metal touch switch. I would also like it for when she's turned on, it's a soft on, and when turned off, a soft off.

I've done some research and was wondering if I could combine these components:
-The Velleman slow on/off dimmer (preferred)
-Screw in Touch on/off switch which I will wire to a coin for the touch on/off. (sometimes it takes money to turn a girl on...)

I was looking to hook up the touch on/off to the load of the dimmer. Would this be possible/safe?

Is it possible to hook up 2 pots in series to the slow on/ off dimmer to control the dimming of the light and also where in the schematic? If it will be too difficult, I will relinquish the slow on/off feature for the Velleman dimmer switch. If that is the case, could I instead of connecting a single 470k pot, connect 2 250K pots in series?

Would the Screw in Touch on/of switch work for this purpose? Could be operated safely? I'm sorry if any of these questions are basic. I'm still learning and my ideas are currently a little ahead of my abilities. I've had a little experience soldering and I've put together an arduino kit, and made my own flasher circuit for my bike as well as another art project with a squirrel using and LED and speaker with a 555. Thank you for your help!

Trevor

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back