Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Designing a PoE Circuit

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm going to buy a PoE injector kit, and I will supply it with an AC voltage, and with ethernet cable, and at the other end I will design a seperator circuit, but however most PoE injectors just give 40DC, with at most 400mA. I would like to get more amperage at the backend, is it a must to have a battery or any other supplier and put some transistors to get more current ?

I'm not really sure what you're asking, but the 40V @ 400mA (16 watts) can be stepped down to lower voltages and higher currents if desired. e.g. 12V @ < 1.3A

I will have a PoE PSE coming from an adaptor, then I want to design a PD circuit. I want the PD circuit to deliver ethernet, and multiple voltages like 12(1A), 3.3(2A), 5(4A). Is that posssible ?

According to https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Power_over_Ethernet the max power available at the PD is 25.5W. If this is sufficient, then you can use a SMPS to provide the voltages you require.

Note: 12(1A), 3.3(2A), 5(4A) totals 38.6W, so it's not supported by 802.3at type 2. Apparently the non-standard configuration can provide more power... though it's non standard and may be harder to source the PSE..

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back