Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Designing a 40 Pin Development Board

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jon Wilder

I'm wanting to design a development board for 40 pin PICs. I've seen some out there with headers for the I/O ports, and some use a single row header while others use a 2 row header. I know it's a matter of personal preference as to which you would use, but I would like to know what you all would prefer to see on a development board and why.

Anyone with ideas for external hardware to add on would also be greatly appreciated as well.

I like the idea of grouped headers for things like SPI, IC2, PWM ,Serial and some buttons Then whole port headers. And then use boards with addons like RFID, temp sensors, LCD.

It just makes it easy to add what you need and not worry about what on the development board keeping it from working. Love the kiss saying old ways die hard KEEP, IT, SIMPLE and we all no the last word I hope.

Hi,

Perhaps this method will give you some ideas.
http://www.matrixmultimedia.com/eblocks.php

I've used this method for some years, with a main board holding the regular things like psu lcd,switches and leds and then plug in 'project' board with the micro etc on sub boards.
Means you can change over projects instantly as opposed to rewiring everything using conventional methods.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back