Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Design the lowest and higest resistance of the following

Status
Not open for further replies.

damani

Design the lowest and highest resistance of; 1. Megger 2. Doctor ohmmeter 3. Clamp-on-multimeter.

Last edited:
All in all this is a very poor question on many counts.

If damani ever comes back to ETO, he may wish to expand his question, re-phrase it and tell us what he rally means.

JimB

This reads like OP doesn't understand the Q.
What's a Doctor Ohmmeter?
Looks like I don't either!

-I'm with JimB-

Last edited:
@ JimB and harold777 i was told to do it in a project. i also didnt understand the question that's why i brought it here :(

@ JimB and harold777 i was told to do it in a project. i also didnt understand the question that's why i brought it here :(
If YOU don't understand the question, how are WE supposed to?

JimB

On edit, maybe the idiot who TOLD you to do it did not understand either.

Last edited:
Here is a link to a "doctor ohmmeter" with the resistance ranges: **broken link removed**

It should be a relatively simple exercise to look up the rest of the answers.

I looked this up because I was curious. Maybe the lecturer saw "DRO" and thought, to use the term loosely, that it stood for Dr. O. ;)

John

Well, it is interesting(?) that the only definite reference to Doctor Ohmmeter which google can find for me is this thread here on ETO, and the Indian learning (?) website in the link supplied by jpanhalt.

Google did also give a link to some German manufacturer of (amongst other things) low resistance measuring equipment.
At this point I could put on a silly pseudo German accent and say "Gutten tag Herr Doktor Strangelove, may I introduce Herr Doktor Ohmmeter?" but I am far too sensible to do anything like that.

So, back to the topic in hand, I guess it looks like the idiot is a lecturer whos word is law.
Sounds about right to me.

JimB
(In frivolous mood)

Frankly, I surprised in this day and age that youngsters aren't able to say "Please Sir, I don't understand" - as I expect there were some others in the Class with the same thoughts.
Was this Lecturer a replacement, and was therefore reading off Notes that were not his subject?

Anyway, FWIW _ and IMHO, the Q is daft, the wording ambiguous and the Lecturer and Student(s) should be in Detention.

....and the answers are:- 100 Megohms and Ohm sweet Ohm.

Last edited:
Thanks a lot harold. I'll look into that solution. Though, i don't see any reason why the students are daft. Sides, we were told to do a research on it.

But Harold, are you saying that the lowest and highest resistance of all three of 'em is the answer u gave?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back