Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Design of a secure access control system

Status
Not open for further replies.

Persia

Hi
I have been assigned to design a simple biometric access control system. Let me first give you a brief description of this design :
"A room in a main building has been selected as the central access control office and equipped with one fingerprint recognition system, one voice recognition system , one 3D face recognition system and a server for biometric database and password management. The main entrance is far away (1000m) from the central control office and has been equipped with a keypad, a fingerprint scanner , a microphone and a video camera. As an engineer you are required to develope a technical solution , eg data compression , encryption , coding and modulation for ensuring reliable and secure transmission of password, voice , .. via an unreliable wireless link to the central office".
I had a talk with my supervisor and he said that you are not meant to build those inputs mentioned . The task is to design and build a circuit that operates those functions (data compression , encryption , coding and modulation) on the inputs going in . ok so how would go about doing this ? Do I have to build like lets say 4 differnet compression circuits , one for speech , one for video , .. or can i use something like microcontroller that can be programmed to do this. I would appreciate any ideas , help , anything !

Thanks

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back