Design of a secure access control system

Status
Not open for further replies.

Persia

Hi
I have been assigned to design a simple biometric access control system. Let me first give you a brief description of this design :
"A room in a main building has been selected as the central access control office and equipped with one fingerprint recognition system, one voice recognition system , one 3D face recognition system and a server for biometric database and password management. The main entrance is far away (1000m) from the central control office and has been equipped with a keypad, a fingerprint scanner , a microphone and a video camera. As an engineer you are required to develope a technical solution , eg data compression , encryption , coding and modulation for ensuring reliable and secure transmission of password, voice , .. via an unreliable wireless link to the central office".
I had a talk with my supervisor and he said that you are not meant to build those inputs mentioned . The task is to design and build a circuit that operates those functions (data compression , encryption , coding and modulation) on the inputs going in . ok so how would go about doing this ? Do I have to build like lets say 4 differnet compression circuits , one for speech , one for video , .. or can i use something like microcontroller that can be programmed to do this. I would appreciate any ideas , help , anything !

Thanks

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…