Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

DerStrom8

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi tronitech.

First of all I'd just like to mention that I'm not a permanent (super) moderator like Ian or Nigel. My main job here is to help clean up spam. It's part of the new moderator structure EM is putting together. I believe the current plan is to have temporary moderators to help out for a few months, then a new set of moderators will be rotated in. Electromaster would be the one to speak to for more details.

Anyway, to answer your question I came back to ETO because I saw tcmtech's thread about proposed rule changes. I decided to participate, since many of my problems came from confusion related to unclear rules. I thought it would be a good place to bring my gripes out in the open to be discussed. When the new rule changes took effect, I officially returned to ETO. I really enjoyed this forum back in the day and was sad to see it fall into chaos. Unfortunately I was a part of that chaos, and I felt I had little more to offer the site and vice versa. I saw a lot of my good friends--long-time expert contributors to the forum--get pushed (or feel pushed) away because of all that was happening. I felt the site had lost its sense of community. However, when I saw the responses to tcm's thread, I realized the forum definitely still had some good in it. The admin is a very friendly guy who wanted to see the members happy. I felt he and I had similar interests to get the forum back to the way it was, so I returned in the hopes that the new rules would help things along. When the rules thread was finished, Electromaster mentioned the new hierarchical moderator structure and asked if I would like to be one of the first "junior moderators" since I had been a major contributor to the thread. I was hesitant, but we spoke about it and I eventually accepted, primarily on a trial basis. So that's where I am now.

I never really disliked ETO, I mainly disliked what some of the people were doing here. Some of that has settled down now, so I am working on re-adjusting to the new system. I still love this forum, and I would like nothing more than to see it become great again, as it was when I first saw it.

Sorry for the drawn-out response, but I felt I should explain. I'm as surprised as you are that I was asked to help moderate, but again, I believe it's only temporary.

Regards,
Matt

Matt,

I will say that its good to see you back.And I'm sure you'll moderate with a fair hand.

I still owe you a pic of me wearing the Tesla hat and T-shirt. Soon as I can find them (together at the same time!) I'll post it.

Paul

Thank you everyone. JimB is the other moderator at this point, so be sure to send him your congratulations. ;)

Regards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back