Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Denon AVR550sd Amp Capacitor Blown - advice required please

Status
Not open for further replies.

Max66

I am hoping to replace a damaged capacitor in my Denon Amp, but just need a little advice regarding which capacitor to buy. The damaged one reads 1uf 63 J MKT, I am assuming (from reading around the net) this is a 1uf, 63 volt, metallised polyester film capacitor ... picture attached ... I am struggling finding a replacement in the UK, I have seen something similar at Maplins - **broken link removed** - would the 1uf size of this capacitor work? Any advice, shopping locations would be greatly appreciated.

The Maplin 1 μF capacitor is 6 x 12 x 18 mm, with 15 mm pitch leads. It is 100 V rated, which is fine. You can always use a larger voltage capacitor, if it fits in. I can't see from your photo which one it is and whether it would fit.

Diver300 - Many thanks for your reply which was very helpful - sorry about the photo, my phone camera is a bit old fashioned now! I'll try the Maplin one and hopefully it will fit, when we measured one of the other orange capacitors in the picture they were approximately 10mm in length. Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back