Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Denon AVR-1612: Protection Mode (Sort of)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SmallwoodDR82

Hey Forum,

First post here.

Little about me: Cars are my passion and I know them in and out. I feel comfortable testing and soldering and/or removing things from a circuit board but it is not my main hobby.

I have a general understand but I might need kiddy gloves sometimes. With that being said thank you for reading and hopefully getting this fixed!

I have a Denon AVR 1612 receiver. Worked great for about a year. One day we went to turn it on and the red light started flashing (took me to red ring of death from xbox days)

I read up on it and basically as you know its protection mode. So I turned it off and back on and receiver came on with no problem and worked entire day.

To this day is still works and I still have sound from all 5 channels. However I have to turn it off and on about 5 to 10 times until it will fully power up. Needless to say we leave it on all day once it's on.

So this morning I was fed up and unplugged everything and put it on my work bench with nothing hooked up and tried to turn it on. Red ring still.... (only power connected)

I opened up the chassis and unplugged the power to the amp board (calling it that cause it's the best I could think of, its the board with the 5 channels on it) and the receiver will power up every time without red ring with that board unplugged.

So I have a few questions, does that mean is my problem within the amp board? Is my protection circuit where the problem is? I read a lot about output transistors shorting but if mine was shorted would my receiver even power up at all?

Just looking for a little direction.

Thank you again!
Daniel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back