Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Delta 50-686 air filtration system

Status
Not open for further replies.

klingonsosarey

Hi

This is sound very silly to all you electro tech people, but this is beyond my personal expertise.

I have a problem with the electronics of a Delta air purifier: I can't get it to start the motor. I have isolated the problem to the circuit board, because when I connect the 110V power directly to the motor (bypassing the circuit) it works perfectly. The circuit serves as a timer and provides lower speed settings (hi med lo). there are four wires going from the circuit to the motor. white black red and blue. I connect the black and white to the power supply and it starts. I speculate that the additional wires serve to feed a certain voltage at a different phase, so it lowers the power output of the motor. The motor is rated 115V, 3A, single phase.

My question is : can I leave the simple bypass I made as a permanent connection? Am I risking and overload or some other adverse effect?

thank you for your time. I know this is abc to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back