Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Dell 3007wfp display problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

kalt

Hello,

I was wondering if someone could tell me what is possibly wrong with this monitor. There is a solid dark line running down the length of the right side of the monitor. Is this a faulty LCD panel or board.

Thanks.

Last edited:
What is the resolution of the monitor?
What is the resolution of the signal you are feeding into the monitor?

can you get something to display on the right hand side. (right of the bad lines)
I am trying to find out if there are some dead columns. OR If the monitor stops receiving data at about 2000 pixels.

It couls be badconnection on the interface cable giving the video signal to the monitor. Try moving it around while the display is disconnected from power supply.

My money is on a bad column driver in the LCD part of the screen itself - could be as simple as the connections have gone bad - but notoriously difficult to fix.

Thanks for the help guys, i took the monitor apart yesterday and it is definitely a problem with the column driver.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back