Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

delay for pic16f84a

Status
Not open for further replies.

hi, can anyone help on the delays of the pic16f84a-04.im using a 4mhz oscillator.i need the pic to communicate with the rs232 at 115,200bps. im having problems with the data sent to the rs232. i think the problem is my delays.thanks :D

reply:

thanks for the quick reply.ill try to visit this site and try to find some informations. :D

all I can say is good luck. at 115kbaud, that's less than 9 microseconds per bit. at 1 microsecond per instruction cycle at 4MHz, you've got very little time to do anything between bits... not to mention you will have very poor timing resolution which may cause some headaches. You may wish to switch to a 20MHz crystal, which will give you 5 times the instruction cycles per bit, giving you a lot more room to work, and 5 times better resolution.

I am not trying to shoot your idea down, as I myself have never tried doing 115kbaud via software at 4MHz. perhaps someone who has attempted it can offer more help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back