Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

delay circuit. First delay time slightly longer than preceeding

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grossel

Hi.

The goall is to built a simple RC delay circuit that has a cap discharge function. I'm not going to use any 555/556 timing circuits.

I do have some circuits that works. Common to them all is that whenever the circuits trigs, I cannot know the initial voltage of the cap. It would possible be some between 0V and 0,6V.

First circuit: Part of the problem is also that discharge procedure may discharge cap down to 0.6V and not completely to zeero.

Latter circuits: If it takes minutes between each trigger event, nobody knows the caps initial voltage. Basic problem.

Do you have some idea how I can improve (some of if not all of) those circuits so I can know for sure the initial voltage of the cap.

Thanks

[edit]
The transistor continue conducting after the flip flop was reset. So I figured out that first design doesn't have the error I described above. However, the resistor (forgot to draw it between !Q and transistor base) will waste some effect, so I have to solve that now.

Attachments

• mono_SR+RC+npn.png
    mono_SR+RC+npn.png
    3.5 KB · Views: 186
  • D-vippe_RC_schmitt.png
    D-vippe_RC_schmitt.png
    2.3 KB · Views: 198
  • SR_RC_schmitt.png
    SR_RC_schmitt.png
    2.5 KB · Views: 186
Last edited:
Status