Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Defacto pinout for smd transistor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grossel

[solved] Defacto pinout for smd transistor

Hi.

I spend some time struggling with working out a correct schematic for a fan controller (inside the fan itself). Reason is that all wires into the fan is pulled out with force, making it almost impossible to find out what is positive terminal and what is ground.

Also, I would have make it easy if I was absolute sure about the pinouts of the mounted transistors on the printboard. But I'm not sure about pinouts.

I have drawn a simple scetch on how the transistor is marked.

Attachments

• BJT_smd.png
    BJT_smd.png
    2.9 KB · Views: 372
Last edited:
Generally, the P leg is the Base, The ".." leg is the Emitter, leaving the lone, opposite pin the Collector.

Thanks a lot, Cowboy Bob from James Island ;)

James Island, SC??? I use to live on James Island.... I hear they replaced the old cooper river bridge, is this true? That thing was a monster...
Is the yorktown still parked over there???

Generally, the P leg is the Base, The ".." leg is the Emitter, leaving the lone, opposite pin the Collector.

Yep, they are BCE left to right, same as a lot of common power transistors like SOT-223 and even through-hole ones like TO-220 etc.

Likewise FETs are pin compatible being GDS to match BCE.

James Island, SC??? I use to live on James Island.... I hear they replaced the old cooper river bridge, is this true? That thing was a monster...
Is the yorktown still parked over there???

Mike,

Really? Why on earth did you ever leave??!! :confused:. I'm on the back side of James Island on Clark Sound.

Yeah, the Cooper River bridge(s) are gone (and good riddance), replaced by a "stayed", 8 lane beauty named after cousin Arthur Ravenel.

It was built over the existing bridges (which were then blown up and removed) and is magnificnet.

Ravenel Bridge.jpg

There's over 200' of clearance (at low tide) under the center span and the towers reach up 575'.

The USS Yorktown is still here, along with the diesel sub "USS Clagamor" and the WW11 destroyer "USS Lafferty", all of which I visit frequently (just to get that NAV smell and feel again:rolleyes:).

CBB

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back