Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

DECT headset socket interface

Status
Not open for further replies.

computer

Hi,

I'd like to be able to connect the handset port in my Panasonic DECT handset which I believe is the KXTCD445ES model into my computer's linein/speaker socket.

I don't know of a pinout for it, it's a 2.5mm stereo socket though. I'd like to create an interface that will connect to the 3.5mm jacks in my computer for line in (or mic) and the speaker out sockets. These are stereo so can I just connect L&R together or do I need some sort of 'mixing'? Also is it safe to just wire up a cable to do this or will I need additional protection to stop me damaging the computer or phone?

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back