Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Decreasing wires' impednace

Status
Not open for further replies.

alphacat

Hi.
This product claims that it decreases the wires' impedance (resistance and reactance) by emitting small current to the lines.

How can you decrease the ohmic resistance of the wires by taking such action?

It looks like a load of rubbish to me.

I generally just spray some snake oil on wires to reduce the resistance. I am currently close to super conductor resistances using snake oil on my matter transfer device. Once working my goal is to beam a few ex wives into the center of a brick wall. Maybe I should give the linked to product a try? :)

Ron

Last edited:
All of the above !

JimB

Could anyone actually understand any of the sentences on that site?

Hi guys.

Well, I really want to figure out how they reduce the resistance of the wires by emitting current into them.
You have any idea?

This perpetual motion machine appears to be running backwards. Lowering the impedance increases the current. If the applied voltage remains constant, the power dissipated goes up as well. Sort of counterproductive to my way of thinking.

Hi guys.

Well, I really want to figure out how they reduce the resistance of the wires by emitting current into them.
You have any idea?

Make the wire thicker or use silver rather than copper.

This perpetual motion machine appears to be running backwards. Lowering the impedance increases the current. If the applied voltage remains constant, the power dissipated goes up as well. Sort of counterproductive to my way of thinking.

Reducing the impedance of the cable reduces the I²R losses so more power is dissipated in the load, rather than the cable.

Last edited:

Could you explain it please?
How do you lower the impedance of wires at first place?

Make the wire thicker or use silver rather than copper.
I agree.
However, it seems that they do it without changing the wires' spec.

Could you explain it please?
How do you lower the impedance of wires at first place?

I agree.
However, it seems that they do it without changing the wires' spec.
You're not listening.

IT DOES NOT WORK.

IT IS A SCAM!

This is the second time in a week, where I've seen some completely ludicrous "energy saving" scheme coming from a South Korean company.
The one I saw, was related to increasing the efficiency of fluorescent bulbs, by employing "electromagnetic field waves" which would cause "brighter, more energetic photons" to be emmited.

Nobel prize-winning stuff, if you ask me.

Let me see if I can find the link to the other company, such that all can have a good laugh!!

thats quite funny, they say the product adds electrons to the wire so what they are actually claiming to do is make electricty out of nothing rather than reduce the resistance but then I suppose they think electrons is a BIG word that convices the buyer.

This is the second time in a week, where I've seen some completely ludicrous "energy saving" scheme coming from a South Korean company.
The one I saw, was related to increasing the efficiency of fluorescent bulbs, by employing "electromagnetic field waves" which would cause "brighter, more energetic photons" to be emmited.

Nobel prize-winning stuff, if you ask me.

Let me see if I can find the link to the other company, such that all can have a good laugh!!

More energetic photons? So these would be like photons on amphetamines or diet pills or something. Maybe the snake oil I mentioned earlier is applied? Possibly photons that exercise on a regular basis and watch their diet? Remarkable stuff. :)

Actually on a serious note I think the reason these scams exist is because people actually fall for this stuff. It's like there is a market for it.

Now if you will excuse me I need to get a check out as there is a guy in Nigeria who needs my help with some large financial transactions.

Ron

Last edited:
More energetic photons? So these would be like photons on amphetamines or diet pills or something. Maybe the snake oil I mentioned earlier is applied? Possibly photons that exercise on a regular basis and watch their diet? Remarkable stuff. :)

Actually on a serious note I think the reason these scams exist is because people actually fall for this stuff. It's like there is a market for it.

Now if you will excuse me I need to get a check out as there is a guy in Nigeria who needs my help with some large financial transactions.

Ron

my dads gf went to get her car serviced and MOTed, oh she got a 54 pound discount but then they charged her £ 30 to flush the fuels system, £ 20 to flush the oil system, £ 30 to flush the brake system, frankly all I think they did was through a bottle of redX in the fueltank, through a bottle of redex oil change stuff in the oil and possibly bleed the brakes a bit, or most likely they did nothing, but she swears by it.

And yes can't stop I'm off to delete about 100 guys that want my help in nigeria to move more money to MY account than any one person has ever seen !

I actually have to send an e-mail chain letter 1,000 times, because Microsoft will give me 1 dollar for each one!
Besides, if I don't do it, a misterious virus will damage my hard drive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back