Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

decor mod 2400 light dimmer project

Status
Not open for further replies.

ham51

I have 2 Decor Electronics mod 2400 dual light dimmers. i am looking for any info ,,data sheet, wiring diagram,, anything I can find. Hoping I can use these for a project m but have no info on them. Any help please..

what is the part number or make?

i would expect connection diagram to be included with the product, if not, place that sold it will be able to help you or direct you to a manufacturer.

bought from ebay

it is a decor electronics dual incandescent light dimmer model num dual 2400 10v. The company is out of biz. input and out put i have figured out,, but control wires and voltage for control is what i am needing... it has 2 control boards other wise simple design. My just be a variable resistor from remote location.

Attachments

• DSCN0186.jpg
    DSCN0186.jpg
    248.7 KB · Views: 337
  • DSCN0187.jpg
    DSCN0187.jpg
    202 KB · Views: 320
hmmm, this thing is 40 year old. that explains why internet does not find anything about it.
but since it is single sided pcb with only a handful of components, it would be easy to reverse engineer it.
my guess is that 555 is used as saw-tooth oscillator and LM324 is used as bunch of comparators (there are 3 trimmers on the left)

Thanks for the reply;
just a thought and a ideal,,,dropping the board and using this circuit and parts from this,, could this work..I have no ideal what the choke is,, but the triac is;
Semitronics Corp.SC265B6
Triac
V(DRM) Max.(V)Rep.Pk.Off Volt.=200
I(T(RMS)) Max.(A)On-State Cur.=40
I(GT) Max. (A)=50m
V(GT) Max.(V)=2.5
I(H) Max.(A) Holding Current=75m
V(T) Max. (V)=1.4
@I(T) (A) (Test Condition)=56
Package=IST-3RT-1/2
The load would be 4500w...am I just in the wrong ball park here or should I just start from scratch?
design is shown in pic
diagram control.gif

Albert

HAM51 has not logged in here since March 2013.

JimB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back